24/7 Antivirus and Anti-Spyware Support
The 24/7 IT Support Center can help you implement safe computing practices to protect your data and personal information. This assistance includes configuring your computer to obtain regular operating system updates, installing and configuring antivirus software, and providing information about responsible and safe Internet browsing. Additionally, the staff can help you understand the benefits and limitations of various anti-malware applications so you can decide which programs you want to run.
- We will download and install Sophos Endpoint Security and Control (free to University of Arizona faculty, students, and staff), or we can install any other antivirus program if you provide the original media and license information.
- Your computer must meet the minimum installation requirements of the software.
- Your computer must be in good working condition, meaning all hardware components should be functioning.
- You are required to sit with 24/7 IT staff when bringing in your computer so that we can verify that it is in good working condition and meets the minimum installation requirements. An End User License Agreement must be signed before work is started. Once the check-in process is complete, you cannot leave your computer; you must wait until all work is complete.
- After the antivirus program is installed, you will be required to sit down with a 24/7 IT support staff member to verify that the installation was successful, that the software is functioning properly, and that your computer is in good working order.